chroot N. 2

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:50:48 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Louis Davies <davieslingroom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I log out (and shutdown the computer also) between the two chapters 5 and 6.
>
> When I logged in as root I noted that the environment wasn't the correct one
> (e.g. LFS wasn't defined), so I hit the command
> su - lfs
> and returned back to root.
> This way the environment was correct (for me) but the response to chroot
> command was that I exposed.

Did you set up the working environment in chapter 4 again after you
turned the computer back on? You can't just su - lfs. You have to
mount /mnt/lfs on the hard drive again and you have to export
$LFS=/mnt/lfs and then set up chapter 6 and then chroot. If you did
not do all of that you will get errors in chapter chroot because your
build environment is not correct.