How is the LiveCD different from actual Version 6.6-rc1 build?

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 12:35:26 PST 2010

> It looks to me like you might not have everything you need
> supported
> in your kernel. You might want to configure and install the
> kernel
> again. Checking the config a lot closer this time.

I found this line in the .config file:

CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y

I don't have any problem in recompiling the kernel, but I don't want to end up with the same result. I have a version of KNOPPIX 6.1 and the usb keyboard doesn't work on it either, but as I said it does work on 6.6-rc1
and Centos 5.4.

I guess I need to know where in the kernel to set the appropriate usb support. Here is the Centos kernel:

[root at localhost linux-2.6.32.7]# uname -ra
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 08:06:04 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux