Glibc test failure

bchaffin at programmer.net bchaffin at programmer.net
Tue Feb 16 10:28:44 PST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominic Ringuet <dringuet at gmail.com>
To: LFS Support List <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Mon, Feb 15, 2010 9:24 am
Subject: Re: Glibc test failure

343 MB of RAM is not enough. Unless you got about 2 GB of swap, expect all kind of errors here and there and a failure at the end. I don't know the exact amount of virtual memory required, but 2.5 GB has been the minimum over here to get the work done.

Dominic.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll try adjusting my virtual memory and see if it can make a difference. It may or may not, I realize this. If it doesn't work, I'll wait until I can do something about machine I'm building on. Thanks again everyone.