Finally got it to boot, but

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 14 22:28:53 PST 2010

I received an error when it got up to starting the network. The error said to report it to lfs-dev, which I will.

I finally gave up on trying to setup the external drive, which had LFS on the 2nd partition. I bought a small SATA drive, tarred things up and moved it over to the new drive. I set it up and it brought up a menu and started to boot until I received the error. I'll continue when I hear back. I've had lots of trouble with this machine not being compatible with OSes, but linux always works. Solaris doesn't like a number of things on this machine which is a ACER Aspire M5641.