Glibc test failure

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 14 15:44:12 PST 2010

On 14 February 2010 08:18,  <bchaffin at programmer.net> wrote:
> I am attempting to run the glibc tests from within my chroot environment.
> I keep getting the following errors:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/sources/glibc-2.10.1/posix'
> /bin/sh -e globtest.sh /sources/glibc-build/ /sources/glibc-build/elf/ \
>          ld-linux.so.2
> globtest.sh: command substitution: line 32: syntax error near unexpected
> token `)'
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/posix/globtest.out] Error 2
> make[2]: Target `tests' not remade because of errors.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/glibc-2.10.1/posix'
> make[1]: *** [posix/tests] Error 2

 This looks worryingly similar to your earlier post without a
subject (syntax error on the line DL=...).  I use the expression
"worryingly" both because sh syntax errors in the book are
uncommon, and also because you *apparently* got past that
earlier problem after Bruce gave you some advice on debugging
the error, but the list has no idea _how_ you got past that
problem.

 Sometimes, it is worth recording solutions, so that if someone
else repeats the problem they can find the solution.  I don't
know if this is one of those cases.

 Looking at repeated problems apparently stemming from bash
in chroot, I start to wonder if your version of bash in /tools is
somehow broken (I can remember having that sort of problem
in cross-lfs, but that was specific to cross-compiling), or else if
you have somehow omitted or miscreated the /bin/bash ->
/tools/bin/bash or /tools/bin/sh -> bash symlinks, although it
seems unlikely those would do this.

 You said you were using 6.5.  Is this 64-bit or 32-bit, and
what is your host system ?

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"