Glibc test failure

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 11:13:14 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM, stosss <stosss at gmail.com> wrote:
>  You will probably see an expected (ignored) failure in the
> posix/annexc test. In addition the Glibc test suite is somewhat
> dependent on the host system. This is a list of the most common
> issues:
In other words:

 * posix/annexc ALWAYS fails, and it is ignored. So you can ignore that test.
 * nptl/tst-cancel1 fails with GCC 4.1.*, but only LFS 6.3 uses that,
so that shouldn't fail if you use more recent GCC versions.
 * nptl/tst-(cpu)clock2 and tst-attr3 fail probably because of high
system load, but it could be for other reasons.
 * You may see some math tests fail if you are not using a recent
Intel or AMD processor (ie: if you are using Cytrix or VIA or maybe a
old Intel or AMD processor)
 * If you mount the LFS partition with noatime, the atime test fails,
so don't use noatime when mounting the LFS partition.
 * Old and slow hardware can cause some tests to fail because of
timeouts being exceeded on these tests.

So, if you see any errors that are not the ones I mentioned when you
use "grep Error glibc-check-log", you have a big problem. Bchaffin,
please post the full results of "grep Error glibc-check log" for us.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.