Glibc test failure

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 10:29:29 PST 2010

> I did this command. It worked fine:
>> cp -v ../glibc-2.10.1/iconvdata/gconv-modules iconvdata
> This is the command it fails on:
> make -k check 2>&1 | tee glibc-check-log
>
> And here are the results of the final command if I issue it:
>
> make[2]: *** [posix/tests] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [check]Error 2

what about this

grep Error glibc-check-log

  You will probably see an expected (ignored) failure in the
posix/annexc test. In addition the Glibc test suite is somewhat
dependent on the host system. This is a list of the most common
issues:

    *

      The nptl/tst-cancel1 test will fail when using the 4.1 series of GCC.
    *

      The nptl/tst-clock2 and tst-attr3 tests sometimes fail. The
reason is not completely understood, but indications are that a heavy
system load can trigger these failures.
    *

      The math tests sometimes fail when running on systems where the
CPU is not a relatively new genuine Intel or authentic AMD processor.
    *

      If you have mounted the LFS partition with the noatime option,
the atime test will fail. As mentioned in Section 2.4, “Mounting the
New Partition”, do not use the noatime option while building LFS.
    *

      When running on older and slower hardware or on systems under
load, some tests can fail because of test timeouts being exceeded.