Booting problems again

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:49:08 PST 2010

brown wrap wrote:
> I wanted to install LFS on a fresh partition and this was the only
> unused SATA drive I had. I had small IDE drives, but this computer
> doesn't have an IDE interface. And when it comes to cost now $40 gets
> you double this size. I could repartition the drive, but I am trying
> to avoid it. I installed a ZFS filesystem on the first partition and
> I'd hate to get rid of it, but I can.

I wasn't suggesting changing your drives, but I would suggest rethinking
your partitioning.  I don't know how much data you have on your zfs
partition, but I'd suggest tarring up the LFS partition to another
location and resize the lfs partition.

> Anyway, I can't do anything with it right now. I'm not near the
> machine.

At this point, these are just suggestions.  It is your system and you
can do whatever you want.