Booting problems again

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 18:17:39 PST 2010

A little more. I didn't list the size of the disks because I didn't think it was important, but since the legacy GRUB may not be able to handle them:

sda is small, I am not at the machine until Sunday or Monday.

sdb is one TB that I just store stuff on.

sdc is the disk with LFS on it. It is 1.5 TB. I partitioned it right down the middle and LFS is on the 2nd partition /dev/sdc2.

I wasn't aware that the old grub, the only grub I knew about up to now, had problems with large disks. but then again, all of the system I've set up had small boot disks.