Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 12 16:02:38 PST 2010

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> bchaffin at programmer.net wrote:
>>

>>   I am working from book 6.5
>>     I am up to the stage of building Glibc from within the system proper, chap
>>     ter  6 section 9.1
>>     This command:
>>     DL=3D$(readelf -l /bin/sh | sed -n 's at .*interpret.*/tools\(.*\)]$@\1 at p')
>           ^^
> Extra characters.

Possibly not. It's possible (likely) that this is an encoded "=".

=xx

is used to encode the 8 bit character with hex code xx.
Since 0x3D is the code for "=", then "=3D" is the code
for "=". These substitutions are sometimes made by mailers
or even by machines in between.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.