Booting problems again

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 15:17:04 PST 2010

Let me start over and maybe I can make things clear.
I built the LFS using Centos 5.4, running with the old GRUB. Here is my
system layout:

/dev/sda has Centos with its swap being the 2nd partiton.
/dev/sdb I use to download files and store things.

/dev/sdc is two partitions, sdc1 and sdc2

In reading the book, it said to set aside a partiton for LFS, that was
/dev/sdc2

I built it, step-by-step, and didn't realize until it was built that there was a new GRUB. So I followed the instruction for the new GRUB, but of course that was installed on /dev/sdc2.

So When I boot up, its using the legacy GRUB and I tried to modify that so it would see the 3rd drive and its 2nd partition, sdc2. At this point I could remove sda and put sdc in its place, but LFS would still be on the 2nd partition, but I hope to avoid this.

I could remove sdc1, but I'd rather not. Or start all over again iif I did move sdc to sda's slot.

I hope this make sense. So bottom line is I am trying to take the entries generated by GRUB2 and modify grub.conf by adding a new entry for sdc1.