lose data on shutdown?

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:57:00 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Kyle Rush <kyle at cyber-rush.org> wrote:

> I have a livecd 6.3 and book 6.3. the computer I am installing it on is
> somewhat old, and thus 1 SBU = about one hour. I can't figure out how to
> shut down the machine without losing everything i was working on. I do not
> know if this was covered in the book; i don't think it was. if i am wrong,
> say so and i will go back to reading the book. please help.

You have already received some good information. Just go back through
the book and read the chapters about setting up /mnt/lfs and the lfs
user. As was already said the stuff you did on the hard drive is still
there. If you this again during chapter six you have a lot more
mounting that needs to be done again before resuming the building. I
had to do this once during chapter 5 because I left and the power went
out and shut down the box.