lose data on shutdown?

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 05:15:24 PST 2010

On 12/02/10 12:14, Kyle Rush wrote:

> I have a livecd 6.3 and book 6.3. the computer I am installing it on is
> somewhat old, and thus 1 SBU = about one hour. I can't figure out how to
> shut down the machine without losing everything i was working on.

If you've made a partition on your hard drive to work on then when you unmount it
  all that you've compiled will be saved there.
The problem is when you resume work you need to make sure things are set up properly.
In chapter 5 that just means su - lfs but in chapter 6 you need to make sure that
you've mounted /proc, /sys and /dev

Andy