GCC patch failure LFS 6.5

bchaffin at programmer.net bchaffin at programmer.net
Thu Feb 11 06:13:33 PST 2010

 First off, hello everyone.

I am doing my first build of LFS, and I seem to have hit a little snag.

I am using book version 6.5, and I am up to 5.10: GCC-4.4.1 Pass 2

Up until now, I have had no apparent errors.

I am using Fedora 10 with GCC 4.3.2 and patch 2.6 on a Pentium 4 as my build host.

This command: patch -Np1 -i ../gcc-4.4.1-startfiles_fix-1.patch

fails with the following error:

patching file gcc/gcc.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 6370.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file gcc/gcc.c.rej

At first, I thought it might be a corrupt file, so I downloaded it again. No joy.

SInce the list  search and LFS FAQ failed to answer my question I figured it was time to ask.

I am no stranger to Linux or compiling software, but haven't patched too many times in the past.

Thanks.:)

Brice

=