Problem with the greek fonts after returning back from X to the linux console

nick hope nksgru at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:33:37 PST 2010

# Begin /etc/sysconfig/console

UNICODE=1
KEYMAP="gr"
BROKEN_KOMPOSE=0
KEYMAP_CORRECTIONS="euro"
LEGACY_CHARSET="iso.8859-7"
FONT="iso07u-16 -m 8859-7"

# End /etc/sysconfig/console

I also have this warning when i come out of X:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <KPDL> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

I do not know if this has to do with the problem,but
in case...

What i get is render characters and not inverse "?"

"ευχαριστώ ξανά!!!" in english "Thanks again!!!"

-Nikos