ifconfig.eth0/ipv4 or ifcfg-eth0 why the difference

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 23:56:23 PST 2010

 Not complaining just trying to learn.

It appears from googling that LFS is the only Linux OS that uses the
ifconfig.eth0/ipv4 and all other Linux systems uses ifcfg-eth0. I am
asking to try to get understanding of why the difference. I am also
asking because I have been googling trying to find a solution to my
other thread about networks in VirtualBox. I was searching because I
was comparing my other VMs to see if I could figure out how they got
set up right and what exactly was in the config files for those distro
VMs.