gcc-4.1.2 pass 2 - help?

Kyle Rush kyle at cyber-rush.org
Sun Feb 7 09:14:39 PST 2010

hi everyone. I am a total newbie to Linux (of any kind, not just LFS) and
took this on in order to learn about Linux and computers in general.
The book I am using is version 6.3 .
I am currently doing gcc-4.1.2 pass 2 and due to problems during the
patching process I created two other directories containing separate
installations of gcc.
now that I am moving on, I want to remove said directories because, having
similar names, they are mucking up the second compile processes. I have
tried rmdir, rmdir -v, rmdir -v --ignore-non-empty-errors (I think that's
right) and every other combination. It says they have been removed but the
directories remain. I have tried the same commands as root, and gotten the
same result. please help.

-Kyle Rush