Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS:

Aditya Bankar adityabankar at yahoo.co.in
Sun Feb 7 09:02:53 PST 2010

----- Original Message ----

Hi Andy,

I didn't try to deviate from what the book says, except that I didn't install grub. So I am not trying to mount an NFS share as the root partition.

The partition /dev/sda6 is ext3 filesystem which has to be mounted on /. I had chosen to compile EXT3 support. See below:
grep -i ext3 /mnt/lfs/compilation/linux-2.6.30.2/.config
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
# CONFIG_EXT3_DEFAULTS_TO_ORDERED is not set
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y

Thanks,