How do you interpet gcc test results?

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 08:35:48 PST 2010

My last email was regarding the test results of GCC. From my first run of the test I thought the output had indicated the gcc had failed. I was told to proceed, which I did. Then I started the "make -k check" and it took so long I thought my machine was hung and its a quad core with 3 gigs of memory. I ran the summary which I have attached and it contained a number of errors, so many I thought something was wrong, but I was able to continue and compile Sed in Chapter 6. So I am asking, what do the test results mean? Yes, there were a number of errors, so many that I something was seriously wrong, but they don't seem to make any difference.