Running on VMWare 7.0

Dmitry Sokolov sokolovda at inbox.ru
Thu Feb 4 04:47:35 PST 2010

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Dmitry Sokolov wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I builded with latest dev-book, my CPU stops on VMWare it's normal? :))
>> I tried to run without VMWare, by booting from archlinux-latest
>> 2009.08-core cd, it's needed to run grub console, and my linux will
>> not booting, may be i need to install grub from my system (chroot) to
>> hd0, and boot again?
>
> Well, sorry to hear you are having problems. However, while
> you describe having problems, you don't describe the problems
> themselves.
>
> Are there any error messages? Does VMWare complain about anything?
> What commands are you giving GRUB? If you boot to the host environment,
> and use fdisk, what does it say? Where did you install GRUB?
>
> We need more information from you before anyone can give you
> advice on what the cause may be.

My problem in disks, grub-mkconfig & grub-setup connot running on my
physical system and not shows any messages,
I have many disks, RAID0=6x1.0TB + 4disks=1.0TB-750GB-320GB-160GB.
In VMWare i using only one HDD, one partition from used HDD, i don't want
use grub-install  on hd0, because i have a WinXP64,
grub-mkconfig in VMWare normaly works it generates config file like as in
the lfs-book, but it generates with /dev/sda3, on boot process
linux-core finds are /dev/sda2, it's a defferent in boot images/configs in
lfs-livecd and archlinux-livecd, i think.
All disks is Western Digitall. I thinking problem in disks on RAID0. My MB
ASUS P5Q Premium with ICH10R + Core2Duo E8600.
After tommorow i builds new system based on ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer +
Core i7, and will test my builded linux on them.
I will write here my result's.

Dmitry