Running on VMWare 7.0

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 3 14:51:35 PST 2010

Dmitry Sokolov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I builded with latest dev-book, my CPU stops on VMWare it's normal? :))
> I tried to run without VMWare, by booting from archlinux-latest
> 2009.08-core cd, it's needed to run grub console, and my linux will
> not booting, may be i need to install grub from my system (chroot) to
> hd0, and boot again?

Well, sorry to hear you are having problems. However, while
you describe having problems, you don't describe the problems
themselves.

Are there any error messages? Does VMWare complain about anything?
What commands are you giving GRUB? If you boot to the host environment,
and use fdisk, what does it say? Where did you install GRUB?

We need more information from you before anyone can give you
advice on what the cause may be.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.