Finished First Pass

Jan-Christoph Bornschlegel trollfood at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 3 00:56:15 PST 2010

Mike McCarty schrieb:
> Jan-Christoph Bornschlegel wrote:
>> Erm, maybe you underestimate the distros here :)
>
> Of course I don't. I'm pointing out why the two stage
> bootstrap is necessary, to someone who doesn't understand.

Ok, sorry then :)

I just wanted to point out -- again, since I wrote that in some other
thread alredy -- that bootstrapping a clean build environment is exactly
what distro builders do, and I do believe that every packager should do
at least _one_ lfs machine, no matter what distro [s]he packages for.

Sometimes it sounds to me as if people scorn (commercial) distro
builders as money collecting, patent stockpiling lazy leeches, and that
needs some defence, don't you think? ;)

Cheers,
Jan