Finished First Pass

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 19:52:22 PST 2010

Thanks everyone for their answers as to why there are two passes. This is the paragraph I read that confused me about 32 and 64 bit machines, but it looks like I will be able to proceed according to Bruce's answer:

This version of the book builds a 32-bit Linux system and requires an existing 32-bit version of of the
kernel on the Intel/AMD x86 architecture. Adding capabilty for x86_64 systems is a major objective
of a future version of LFS. Support for 64-bit systems and additional architectures can be found in the
Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch (CLFS) project at http://cross-lfs.org/view/svn/.