OK, I stumbled again on glibc

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:12:12 PST 2010

> That is the environment for the lfs user. I think I set it up correctly, but I am going through it again.
>
> > I think I followed the setup steps. Here is my lfs environment:
> >

> > lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-build$ env
> > LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
> > TERM=xterm
> > OLDPWD=/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-2.10.1
> > LC_ALL=POSIX
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> > LFS=/mnt/lfs
> > PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> > PWD=/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-build
> > LFS_TGT=x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu
> > PS1=\u:\w\$
> > SHLVL=1
> > HOME=/home/lfs
> > _=/bin/env
> > lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-build$
>
> I see you are building a 64 bit system I have only built a 32 bit system.
>
> The reason I asked if you followed 4.3 and 4.4 (if those are the
> correct chapter sections for 6.4) is because you said things work as
> root but not as LFS user. It sounds like you have issues with your LFS
> user account. I would check to make sure that account is set up
> correctly. The other problem which I know nothing about is a 64 bit
> system misbehaves in ways that a 32 bit system does not.

A few things you need to do when posting on the list is use text only
(no HTML or RTF) and bottom post no top posting and trim the quoted
section.

When setting up the LFS user make sure you have your PATH right and
make sure that /mnt/lfs/tools and /mnt/lfs/sources(/6.4) is owned by
LFS and not root.