OK, I stumbled again on glibc

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:10:03 PST 2010

> I think I followed the setup steps. Here is my lfs environment:
>

> lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-build$ env
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
> TERM=xterm
> OLDPWD=/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-2.10.1
> LC_ALL=POSIX
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> LFS=/mnt/lfs
> PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> PWD=/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-build
> LFS_TGT=x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu
> PS1=\u:\w\$
> SHLVL=1
> HOME=/home/lfs
> _=/bin/env
> lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/6.4/glibc-build$

I see you are building a 64 bit system I have only built a 32 bit system.

The reason I asked if you followed 4.3 and 4.4 (if those are the
correct chapter sections for 6.4) is because you said things work as
root but not as LFS user. It sounds like you have issues with your LFS
user account. I would check to make sure that account is set up
correctly. The other problem which I know nothing about is a 64 bit
system misbehaves in ways that a 32 bit system does not.