No networkinterface-naming rules

Marius Meinert mariusmeinert at monroebrothers.org
Mon Oct 29 04:05:53 PDT 2007

After installing my LFS 6.3 system i get an error at the end of the
boot process:
Bringing up the eth0 interface...
Interface eth0 doesn't exist.
I'm gone back to back to 7.13, configuring the network script and get
a problem with the first command, that genetates the rules for the
interface naming. After running write_net_rules all_interfaces. After
running this, there is no file 70-persistent-net.rules. The only file
that has to do with net in /etc/udev/rules.d/ is 75-persistent-net-
generator.rules. And the only thing in this file, that has to do with
NAME is NAME!="?*" in the ACTION== block.