LFS 6.3 build on fedora 7 pty problem.

Michael L michael_lagos at yahoo.gr
Mon Oct 22 01:38:30 PDT 2007

Dear all,
I before trying to build the binutils package, i try to verify if the  PTYs are working properly in the chroot environment. When i run the command " expect -c "spawn ls" " i take back the known response that is also referred to lfs book:

"The system has no more ptys.
Ask your system administrator to create more."

Is it a way to resolve this issue on fedora 7 except recompiling the kernel?I want to avoid kernel recompilation.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Michael

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!