INIT: missing action field

g g mrx2010us at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 21:51:55 PDT 2007

Hello,
 I just finished the LFS book v6.3 with kernel
2.6.22.9 and rebooted my system but I get the
following errors

INIT: version 2.86 booting
INIT: /etc/inittab[2]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[4]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[13]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[21]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[23]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[25]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[32]: missing action field
.d does not exist.t
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
.d does not exist.
INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

Anyone have an idea of what is wrong? My inittab is
just like the one in the book.