Logging in after logout(no reboot!)

Walter Barnes walter_barnes05 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 00:31:03 PDT 2007

From: Richard Caldwell <rcaldwellie at yahoo.com>

>When I log back in as root the variable $LFS isn't recognised so I setup the variable again and ran "mkdir -pv $LFS". It wouldnt allow me to mount LFS or my swap drive so I assume that they are OK. Do I simply need to enter chroot environment again and carry on from where I was as I've run the chroot command and checked all symlinks and directories/files setup from 6.2 to 6.6 and they seem OK? I'm very apprehensive about messing up my install as I've done this before and couldn't start again for months
>due to time constraints!

After logging back in, run 'mount | grep $LFS' to find out if $LFS, $LFS/dev, etc. are still mounted, they should be if the host has not been rebooted.

After checking the file systems (and re-mounting if neccesary) run the chroot command in 6.4 and you're all set.

Note that you can put the commands located in 6.2.2, 6.2.3 and 6.4 in a shell script to automate the process of mounting everything and chrooting in.

I hope that helps,
Walter