Live 6.3 r2032 & ncurses fails - Cannot link with

EJBoshinski mistrz.linux at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 06:45:22 PDT 2007

Dan,

    After rebuilding from the beginning (again) as I told you I would do last Friday, over the weekend, somehow the box decided to behave and responded with:

$ echo | gcc -v -x c - 2>&1 | sed -n '/#include/,/End of search list/p'
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /mnt/lfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include
 /tools/include
End of search list.

    and of course:

$ echo 'main() {}' > dummy.c
$ cc dummy.c
$ readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'
[Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

    I know - "I didn't do anything different!!" - yeah, well the results shows that something was different.  Thanks for pushing me to back off for a few days and reload.  I still have my logs from the different builds, and if I am significantly bored, I may look over them for the difference.  But for now I am anxious to move on with the build.

    Thanks again for the proper, and professional, prodding... :-)  You know how stubborn we all get sometimes.

ejb