Live 6.3 r2032 & ncurses fails - Cannot link wi

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:10:51 PDT 2007

On 10/5/07, EJBoshinski <mistrz.linux at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Your comment aboves raises a question.  As a sanity check, from 5.1- Important Note (2) : "
>           After installing each package, delete its source and build
>           directories, unless specifically instructed otherwise. Deleting the
>           sources prevents mis-configuration when the same package is
>           reinstalled later."  To make sure that I AM sane (sometimes debatable), after pass1 of both binutils & gcc, the source & build directories are to be deleted BEFORE starting the second pass, correct? (Nothing is stated to retain them for the future build passes...)
>
> But for our testing purposes, and since we are stopping at the end of gcc-pass2, the build & sources dirs of gcc are to remain intact after the second pass, but not the first, correct?

Normally, you would delete the build and source directories
immediately. In this case, though, I want you to keep them until we're
done testing because I might ask you to grep around in the source
directory. You should still delete them when you proceed to the next
package (assuming any problems have been sorted out). I just want to
make sure you don't delete them right away and then have to start the
build again.

--
Dan