Live 6.3 r2032 & ncurses fails - Cannot link wit

EJBoshinski mistrz.linux at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 11:53:02 PDT 2007

On 10/5/07, EJBoshinski <mistrz.linux at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion.  I will rebuild from the beginning once again, starting with newly formatted, mounted, assigned etc. partitions and user & groups on a physically separate and dedicated drive.  When I come to gcc-pass2, I will skill the 'make -k check' directive during the build and then run the test you provided above.  I may not have this completed this afternoon, but maybe this weekend I can post the results from my home lab.

Actually, I want you to finish gcc-pass2, except don't delete the
source/build dirs right away. Basically, I want you to run the test I
mentioned before in addition to the sanity check in the Caution box.
If you try to run the check before `make install', you'll still be
testing the gcc from pass1.

--
Dan
--

Your comment aboves raises a question.  As a sanity check, from 5.1- Important Note (2) : "
          After installing each package, delete its source and build

But for our testing purposes, and since we are stopping at the end of gcc-pass2, the build & sources dirs of gcc are to remain intact after the second pass, but not the first, correct?

The preceding post was my typo - "skill (kill) the 'make -k check'" is the one performed in pass2 after 'make' in 5.11 (ie. make && make -k check && make install).

ejb