Live 6.3 r2032 & ncurses fails - Cannot link with

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:57:41 PDT 2007

On 10/5/07, EJBoshinski <mistrz.linux at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >>If that doesn't have /tools, then the gcc-pass2 build was definitely borked.
> >
> >That is exactly what is happening.  gcc -dumpspecs responds with:
> >
> />lib/ld-linux.so.2
> >
> >However, at the end of gcc-pass2,
> >
> >$echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> >$cc dummy.c
> >$readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'
> >[Requesting program interpreter:    /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

OK. All we care about right now if after gcc-pass2. I.e., the compiler
you create in gcc-pass2 is not coming out correctly since it is still
picking up headers in /usr/include. So, can you repeat my previous
test immediately after installing gcc-pass2?

$ echo | gcc -v -x c - 2>&1 | sed -n '/#include/,/End of search list/p'
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /home/build/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include
 /tools/include
End of search list.

If that's not what you get (except for the /home/build part), then
something has gone wrong building gcc-pass2 and more investigation
will be needed.

--
Dan