R: Re: problem with my host system

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 06:08:12 PDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Next, decide how to partition your hard disk(s). DO NOT USE lvm ;-). If
> you use a "normal" linux distro, I would create three partitions as a
> very minimum:

FWIW, Alexander uses LVM for everything (I think), and the LFS server
(setup by Gerard) is on an LVM raid. So, it can't be that bad. But, I
agree that if you don't know how LVM works, it's a lot easier to use
real partitions. Alternatively, he can create two partitions and let
Fedora use LVM in one with LFS in the other. Using LVM on a root
partition in LFS is a no go unless you start using Bryan Kadzban's
initramfs tools and build all the userspace tools.

--
Dan