problem with my host system

massrado at tin.it massrado at tin.it
Tue Oct 2 01:00:39 PDT 2007

Hi, my name is Massimo, I'm going to install a LFS system next my host
system, a Fedora core 4 distribution.
I followed the instructions by
LFS-book and the 'lfs_next_to_existing_system.txt', creating a
directory in /home/LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH, mount --bind etc.
I compiled and
installed succesfully binutils, then i unpackaged gcc and when it
finished to extract all files, exactly when it finished, a message of
system sayd Nautilus closed and all Desktop became empty. The system
was locked and I could close it only with the case's button. When I
restarted the PC, the boot message is:

Filesystem type is ext2fs,
partition type 0x83
Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00,
size=0x18e473]
Initrd /initrd-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.img [Linux-initrd @
0x13e3f000, 0x1a0f24 bytes]
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the
kernel.
ACPI:BIOS age (1999) fails cutoff (2001), acpi=force is
required to enable ACPI
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a
while...
Incorrect metadata area header checksum
Incorrect metadata
area header checksum
Incorrect metadata area header checksum
Unable to
find volume group "VolGroup00"
ERROR: /bin/lvm exited abnormally with
value 5 ! (pid 335)
Mount: error 6 mounting ext3
ERROR opening
/dev/console!!!!: 2
Error dup2`ing fd of 0 to 0
Error dup2`ing fd of 0
to 1
Error dup2`ing fd of 0 to 2
Switchroot: mount failed: 22
Kernel
panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

and it's locked.
What's
happened?

Thank you!