Fw: error - re-adjusting the toolchain chapter 6

Walter Barnes walter_barnes05 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 17:34:34 PDT 2007

oops, this went to reeve.r not lfs-support so I'm forwarding it...

From: "reeve.r at tiscali.co.uk" <reeve.r at tiscali.co.uk>

>root:~# mv -v /tools/bin/{ld-new,ld}
>mv: cannot stat `/tools/bin/ld-new': No such file or directory

Yes, you're missing the 'ld-new' that was created in 5.12 (Binutils-2.17 Pass 2). If you're typing in the commands there might be typo, check /tools/bin. If not you'll need to revisit 5.12.

At the very least, you will need to rerun the configure command and these last three:

make -C ld clean
make -C ld LIB_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib
cp -v ld/ld-new /tools/bin

You may also need to run make after configure too. I'm a newbie and have built LFS only twice so I'm not sure about this part.

I hope this helps,
Walter

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html