lfs-support Digest, Vol 1299, Issue 1 [Re: gcc 4.1.2 bootstrap error]

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 1 07:07:27 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:34:44PM +0200, Arsène Dernière wrote:
> On 01/10/2007, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/1/07, Benedikt Schmitt <BS- at gmx.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is x86 the only architecture LFS compiles on successfully (apart from CLFS
> > > efforts)?
> >
> > Yes. LFS-7.0 should hopefully have support for x86_64.

 Actually, 6.3 is ok on ppc (32-bit), modulo hfsutils, parted,
powerpc-utils, yaboot (plus, using the correct linker, of course)
- in other words a mixture of the LFS and CLFS books.

 There is also the question of whether it will do what people
expect: I like pure64, but sometimes I run x86 or multilib to use
closed-source plugins.

> When do you think it would be released?
> I am ready to test and contribute for it...

 Subscribe to -dev, or read the archives.  At the moment, it is only
in the jh branch.  Testers are always welcome.  But, we are probably
a long way away from the release.

ĸen

> --
> Eat meat!