Minimum hardware requirement for lfs

Hong Hsu honghsu at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jun 29 18:29:06 PDT 2002

 Hi,

These are newbies questions, but I couldn't find answers in the lfs
book:

A. Is there any minimum hardware requirement for lfs system based on 3.3
version of the LFS book.   I have 7 years old Intel Pentium 90 MHz
machine with 32MB RAM and 1GB SCSI Hard disk.   I wonder this should be
enough disk space and memory to install a lfs system with KDE OR without
KDE.  I also assume this is the RAM kernel compilation will take place.
Will the Pentium 90 cpu and 32 MB memory big enough for that compilation
job?

B. What is chroot?   Is it shell script? where it is located, on host
partition or lfs partition?

Your help will be appreciated,
-Hong

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org