booting but too large font...

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Mon Jun 3 16:03:23 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 06:57:36PM -0400, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:
> > > One problem is left, before (?) I want to move to blfs:
> > > The characters, i.e. the font is too large. I'm not sure whether this has to
> > > do with my graphic card (Maxdata Laptop) or whether a configuration is
> > > missing...
> > > On my Slackware everything is small, so that I can see more text, but on the
> > > LFS console, the text is large.
>
> The is a boot paramater you can pass in lilo, vga=ask. This will
> put you into a selection provess at boot wherein you can examine
> the available VESA/VGA fonts available with the adapter. Once you
> find one you like, you replace the "ask" with that mode number and
> it will be your default font.

I've heard of (and used) the vga=ask option several times. IMO, thats a
crap option! I use vga=791 and NEVER have I been able to find an
equivalent at boot time. I get about 10 or 15 options, all which look
crappy. Now 788 through 791 have worked beuatifully.

--
Archaic

--
Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.

- General George Stark.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org