IT BOOTS!With errors :(

timothy bauscher timothy at foce.eiomail.com
Mon Jun 3 10:43:49 PDT 2002

Mike Choatie spake:

> Setting clock...
> Modprobe: modprobe:Can't locatee module char-major-10-135

That's in the FAQ

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq

> Cannot find defkeymap.map
> You should not be reading this message. It means that an unforseen
> error
> took place in /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S70loadkeys which exited with a
> return
> value of 1
> The file is there and
> the keyboard does work however  and I'm using a standard keyboard.

That's because the kernel uses a default
US keyboard. You can remove the S70loadkeys
link if you like. If you want to keep it,
make sure it points to ../init.d/loadkeys
and that ../init.d/loadkeys exists and is
executable.

> Starting system log daemon....
> /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd: syslogd command not found
> Starting kernel log daemon....
> /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd: klogd: command not found.
>
> then it says /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd which exited with a return
> value
> of 127

What bootscripts did you install? Check that
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ exists and has "stuff" in
it :)

--
timothy(at)foce.eiomail.com  www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org