[lfs-dev] Some files on the final system are now created during the temporary tools phase

Marcel van den Boer marcelvdboer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 20:25:46 PDT 2020

I agree Package Management is not really something to focus on too much in
the book (because yes, there are a million ways to do it, and mine also
changes all the time). But I guess my point is that in the development
version of LFS the page that mentions Package Management is now placed at a
point at which some files and one package have already been installed, so
that's maybe too late. In the stable version it is placed before any of the
final files have been installed and at the exact moment package management
could begin.