[lfs-dev] Bootscript checkfs anomoly

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Fri Jul 31 13:11:49 PDT 2020

On Fri, 2020-07-31 at 14:54 -0500, William Harrington via lfs-dev
wrote:
> I tried to provide the community a possible problem. Since the
> community doesn’t like images, so where do I post proof?

> > > The only place in that file that has the word 'You' is on line
> > > 97:
> > >

> > > msg="\nWARNING:\n\nFile system errors "
> > > msg="${msg}were found and have been corrected.\n"
> > > msg="${msg}     You may want to double-check that "
> > > msg="${msg}everything was fixed properly."
> > >
> > > log_warning_msg "$msg"
> > >
> > > I think the number of spaces before 'You' may need to be
> > > increased by one because the function log_warning_msg sets the
> > > cursor to column 1 and writes ' ***  ' after the message has been
> > > written.  Can you add that space and test?  Thanks.
> > >
> > > -- Bruce
> > > --
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I remove the character (not necessarily a space)
> > When you look in vim it’s a character over.  Make your file system
> > dirty and do a check, you’ll see that Y isn’t there.

William, nobody says that Y is there (actually, I confirmed it is not).
Bruce told to change the /etc/init.d/checkfs file to fix/work around
the problem. You said something else (I'm not sure actually what you
do), which might be used as well as a fix.

Actually, looking at the bootscripts, I think all the multiline log
messages should be reworked.

Pierre