[lfs-dev] Tcl failed soem tests

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:15:10 PDT 2020

On 7/30/20 6:22 PM, Ken Moffat via lfs-dev wrote:
> On my experimental build which is currently in progress, I managed
> to log the results of tcl's tests.  At first I thought the tests had
> died, but in the end they completed (2.9 SBU with make -j8, most of
> the time obviously spent on tests which failed).  The results do not
> look wonderful:
>
> Tests ended at Thu Jul 30 21:10:12 +0000 2020
> all.tcl:        Total   24996   Passed  21606   Skipped 3336    Failed  54
> Sourced 150 Test Files.
> Files with failing tests: http.test httpold.test
> Number of tests skipped for each constraint:
>          9       !ieeeFloatingPoint
> [snip]
>          2       xdev
>
> Test files exiting with errors:
>
>    clock.test
>

> I see there were quite a lot of failures in the clock tests, several
> in http, and 1 in httpold.  I've no idea if this is normal, but the
> timing seems to be more than a bit different from what the book
> says.  For now I'll just mention it and ask if anyone else sees
> similar or better results.  I've got the full log, but it's 99K so I
> won't bother uploading or attaching it for the moment.
>
> The expect tests were fine, as were the tests for dejagnu.
>
> As is normal, I'm using my normal CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS - they start
> out as
>   (CFLAGS) -O3 -march=native -fstack-clash-protection -fstack-protector-strong
>   (CXXFLAGS) -O3 -march=native -fstack-clash-protection -fstack-protector-strong -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
> although I don't necessarily use all of those on all packages.  I'm
> also using headers from linux-5.8.0-rc7 for this build (I said it
> was experimental!) and running a 5.8.0-rc5 kernel which has help up
> well for the past 4 days (sleeping some of the time) and for a few
> days before that.

What I really think you need to do is do a full build without CFLAGS or
CXXFLAGS set.  Then compare with a build with those settings.

My test logs are not complete, but if you really want me to, I can do a
full build as of 20200721 with all tests.  I can upload the test files
to anduin for you to compare.

   -- Bruce