[lfs-dev] Tcl failed soem tests

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 30 16:22:30 PDT 2020


On my experimental build which is currently in progress, I managed
to log the results of tcl's tests.  At first I thought the tests had
died, but in the end they completed (2.9 SBU with make -j8, most of
the time obviously spent on tests which failed).  The results do not
look wonderful:

Tests ended at Thu Jul 30 21:10:12 +0000 2020
all.tcl:        Total   24996   Passed  21606   Skipped 3336    Failed  54
Sourced 150 Test Files.
Files with failing tests: http.test httpold.test
Number of tests skipped for each constraint:
        9       !ieeeFloatingPoint
[snip]
        2       xdev

Test files exiting with errors:

  clock.test


I see there were quite a lot of failures in the clock tests, several
in http, and 1 in httpold.  I've no idea if this is normal, but the
timing seems to be more than a bit different from what the book
says.  For now I'll just mention it and ask if anyone else sees
similar or better results.  I've got the full log, but it's 99K so I
won't bother uploading or attaching it for the moment.

The expect tests were fine, as were the tests for dejagnu.

As is normal, I'm using my normal CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS - they start
out as
 (CFLAGS) -O3 -march=native -fstack-clash-protection -fstack-protector-strong
 (CXXFLAGS) -O3 -march=native -fstack-clash-protection -fstack-protector-strong -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
although I don't necessarily use all of those on all packages.  I'm
also using headers from linux-5.8.0-rc7 for this build (I said it
was experimental!) and running a 5.8.0-rc5 kernel which has help up
well for the past 4 days (sleeping some of the time) and for a few
days before that.

ĸen
-- 
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
                          - Hogfather


More information about the lfs-dev mailing list