[lfs-dev] chapter 7 libstdc++ pass2 needs libfl.so.2

John Burrell burrell2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 02:59:02 PDT 2020

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 16:04, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev
<lfs-dev at lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On 7/23/20 6:39 AM, John Burrell via lfs-dev wrote:
> > When running as a package user I couldn't compile libstdc++ in chapter
> > 7 because it couldn't find libfl.so.2
> > I had to go back and add flex to chapter 6 to provide this library.
> > Then it worked.
> >
> > I assume that if you follow the book then this library is picked up
> > from the host.
> > Can I suggest that you add flex to chapter 6 to improve host independence.
>
> Flex is not needed for libstdc++ in Chapter 7 for a normal build.  When
> I search for libfl or flex in my log for gcc-libstdc++-pass2-10.1.0,
> nothing is found.  What is package user doing that requires this?
>
>    -- Bruce

I didn't notice that chroot no longer includes /tools/bin in the PATH.
As you know, MSB's system installs his scripts to /tools and the first
line of installpkg is #!/tools/bin/bash. So I have to change
everything to make it independent of /tools. More work than I had
anticipated :(

jb.