[lfs-dev] Ninja

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 10:11:56 PDT 2019

On 7/14/19 6:01 AM, Roger via lfs-dev wrote:
> In the testing section there is the line
>
>    python3 configure.py
>
> This doesn't seem to do anything; it certainly doesn't have any
> screen output.

Indeed.  configure.py writes build.ninja and a diff shows that file is
not modified by running configure.py a second time.

> The option
>
>    --gtest_filter=-SubprocessTest.SetWithLots
>
> should be
>
>    --gtest_filter=SubprocessTest.SetWithLotsRaise

With the first, we get:

[245/245] ElideMiddle.ElideInTheMiddle
passed

With the second:

[234/246] SubprocessTest.SetWithLotsRaise [ulimit -n] above 1025
(currently 1024) to make this test go

So by raising the ulimit to 1030 makes one additional test pass (1026
failed).

I am not sure this extra test is worth pursuing.

   -- Bruce