[lfs-dev] Searching for a chapter on multilib

Lewis Pike phaselocker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 04:37:47 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:37:40AM -0400, Cindy Sue Causey via lfs-dev wrote:
> Woohoo, I got one! Try this:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/lfs-systemd-multilib/index.html
>
> I hit up a search engine, and the 404 (gone to Atlanta) dead link is
> still findable on the front page. That felt like a nice, positive
> sign, actually, that this might be something recent (for whatever that
> might mean, GRIN).
>
> Same search engine also very graciously had provided a sample page.
> Clicking the internal "Home" link on that sample page then landed the
> at least still momentarily functional page above. A quick, highly
> unscientific sampling of internal link clicking shows everything else
> *might* still be working correctly.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Cindy :)

This looks like just the thing!  Better still, what you've found is
labeled as version 20181112-systemd-multilib, which is more recent
than what I had been using.

To anyone who might have a similar interest, Chapter 10 "Adding
multilib to an existing system" does not appear in the table of
contents but navigating to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/lfs-systemd-multilib/chapter10/chapter10.html
reveals its existence.

I also noticed a distributable copy can be grabbed at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/lfs-systemd-multilib.tar.bz2.
That's what I'll be doing this time. ;)

Thanks, Cindy!

.lewis.