[lfs-dev] Multilib patch: Chapter 6 ISL/GCC instructions

Kevin Buckley kevin.m.buckley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:48:58 PST 2019

More of a heads up than somethng likley to affect most LFS builders,
but just to point out that one of the last commands in the GCC section
does the following

=================
Finally, move a misplaced file:

mkdir -pv /usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib
mv -v /usr/lib/*gdb.py /usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib
==================

however by the time you have reached that point in the
Multilib buid, there are actually two files matching

/usr/lib/*gdb.py

as the standalone ISL install has created

/usr/lib/libisl.so.19.1.0-gdb.py

to go along with GGC's

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.25-gdb.py

To my mind then, the directory creation should be really
being done as part of the ISL section, with the misplaced
file from that package being moved there then.

FYI:

I only noticed this as I'm following a PkgUser build process,
and saw that the GCC PkgUser wasn't able to move the
file that had been created by the ISL PkgUser

Hoping that's useful to someone,
Kevin