[lfs-dev] Fwd: glibc 2.29 - Winter is coming...

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:42:48 PST 2019

Just for info.

   -- Bruce

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: glibc 2.29 - Winter is coming...
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 15:58:04 +0530
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt.org>
To: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware.org>

[OK, so winter doesn't quite mean freeze here in Pune but hey, y'all
know what Im talking about right?!]

Hello!

I am a day late in announcing this but 2.29 code freeze is now in
effect.  Only patches allowed during this window until release
(scheduled on 1 Feb 2019) are bug fixes or regressions.  Patches that
have been approved till now need to get in asap as well, lets target end
of this week for this.

Status of Release blockers:

I have reviewed all original release blockers, including a couple of
additional ones that got added later but I couldn't get to all of them.
As of now, the pending blockers do not look suitable for inclusion at
this stage and so will be deferred to 2.30 development.

A couple of patch series in the release blockers need some minor rework;
those also need to close asap, preferably within this week so as to not
impact testing.

I will send out pot files for translations later this week as well.

Siddhesh