[lfs-dev] C Locale in UTF-8?

Douglas R. Reno renodr at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 1 08:43:44 PST 2019

Hi guys,

I was wondering if we should add the C.UTF-8 locale to our environment
(if it's even available?). Two of the tests in GNOME's Gjs (BLFS Chapter
33) because we don't have C.UTF-8 setup as a locale.

I suppose the first question is whether or not it's even available. The
most recent builds I have done use jhalfs, but I wonder if glibc's
command to install all locales includes it. I haven't had the time to
check, and don't think I will for a bit.

So my question is - if it's available, should we/can we add it to our
standard set of locales?

Douglas R. Reno